Friday, November 6, 2009

Jack's Pick: Bellabeadjewelry's Sugar Skull and Funny Bone Pendants


Each Friday I select an item created by a member of the Rochester NY Etsy Street Team (RNEST). What criteria do I use? I look for great looking items that I think are well made offered for a great price!

OK, so my post is a little late for Day of the Dead festivities, but this week my pick has to be these sugar skull pendants created by master glass artist Linda Lawrence of Bella Bead Jewelry.

If you aren't familiar with sugar skulls, they are highly decorated skulls traditionally made from sugar that are used to adorn alters during Day of the Dead celebrations in Latin cultures to honor ancestors past.
Linda's pendants, and all her glass bead work, are brightly colored and when you see them, you can't help but smile. She has several versions on her etsy shop, as well as the rest of her highly decorated and intricate work.

Linda is an art teacher in Greece, and teaches flameworking in her home in Irondequoit. She is a wonderful addition to the RNEST team.

Bella work Linda...I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for selecting my sugar skulls! I love making them and am happy to know they put a smile on someone elses face :)

    ReplyDelete