Monday, March 7, 2011

Make-It Mondays: Turn Digital Images Into Polaroids


I just discovered a wildly habit forming tool that you can use for your Etsy shop, blogs or just plain fun. It's called Poladroid. What Poladroid does is take you digital images and crops them into square compositions, digitally ages and colorizes them for a retro feel and frames them with the classic white Polaroid background.

This program can be downloaded for FREE, because it is still in its beta version. (Although you can offer donations for this truly fun product.) It took me a grand total of 20 minutes to download, install and try out my first photo.


After downloading and installing Poladroid, you can click on the desktop icon to open it. I expected this to pull up a full program with drop down menus and tool bars, but it is so much cooler and so much more simple. A small Polaroid camera will appear on your desktop. All you have to do is drag and drop your digital image over it. Within moments the camera will spit out an undeveloped Polaroid, sound effects and all. You can watch it develop slowly like a real Polaroid picture or (and this is my favorite part) you can click and hold the photo to shake it back and forth for faster development. AHHHHH, I love it!!!

Our Team

Our Team "Poladroided"

My "Poladroids" automatically saved into My Pictures once they developed. After that you can move them wherever you want. Use one for your Etsy items, especially if you have a retro style or vintage shop. (Note: I say only one because they will not show off the true color of your item.) Use them on your blog, facebook or webpage. As the manual warns it's "addictive". As your tester I concur with that statement, so excuse me while I get back to making Poladroids....

*Addendum: You can also have them printed like other digital photos, however the white background will be the white background of the photo paper. It is up to you to cut it down to Polaroid size.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I created one of our wedding photos into a 'poladroid'... I'll post it to my Facebook.

    www.Facebook.com/MervAndDolores

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete