Happy Monday Friends and Crafters! I have been making button rings on my Etsy site for awhile and recently began making furry bottle cap rings. In the jumble of my super-fun-makin'-craft-table one of my empty bottle cap rings stuck to a magnet that was waiting to be glued to another project. A chain reaction began as the magnet started sticking to other things on the table; my safety pins, earring backs and metal beads. How handy could this be while working on projects? I tend to work with small pieces and I'm sure a fair percentage of my materials are lost to the floor in my studio. How many fellow Etsians could use one of these, should I decide to put them up on Etsy? Mmm...
- Adjustable ring backs. I get mine from Bunnysundries.
- Bottle caps. I like Izze caps. They have a minimalist white design and you can enjoy a fizzy drink made with real fruit while crafting.
- 1"round magnets.
- Aleene's jewelry glue and Gorilla glue
How to repeat my happy accident:
- Use the jewelry glue to attach the bottle cap to the ring back
- Next squeeze a little Gorilla glue into the cap
- Pop the magnet in. It will want to stick to the metal anyways, but the glue is for good measure.
- Now pretend you're the Magneto of your craft area.