Friday, January 15, 2010

Jack's Pick: Creamy iPod Cozy by SarahsAmiables

Each Friday I select an item created by a member of the Rochester NY Etsy Street Team (RNEST). What criteria do I use? I look for great looking items that I think are well made offered for a great price!

This week I selected a sweet little number by SarahsAmiables. This wonderful creamy ipod cozy is just what you need to keep your iPod nice and warm and snuggy this winter.

Kidding aside, there are several reasons I love this item.

Sarah made this from a sweater she found at Goodwill. I mean come on, who does that! Recycling wool from old sweaters...incredible!

Secondly, the yarn is 69% wool, 19% angora rabbit hair, and 12% nylon. That says quality to me.

Lastly, I love the idea of old world meets hi tech. I love when a traditional craft or material meets a new purpose in our new technological world. This paradox really appeals to me, and I love to find examples of it on Etsy.

Sarah, kudos to you, and keep knitting these great items!

0 comments:

Post a Comment