Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Trash & Treasures Tuesday: Hello!

Welcome to our first installment of Trash & Treasure Tuesday! I’m very happy to be blogging for the fabulous RNEST team (of which I’m a proud member). First, a little about what ‘T & T’ will be about from week to week.

I recently bought a pair of earrings made from old typewriter keys. They caught my eye as a lover of books and words and stories (and because they are super sweet). When they arrived, I was amazed at the quality of craftsmanship. It seemed sad to think of all those discarded typewriter keys…. if only they knew they could be fabulous earrings, too.

 Bought from KeysandMemories.

This perked my interest in creating something new from something old. I know, I’m a little late on the whole ‘upcycle’ bandwagon, but still, it’s awesome. And, it’s everywhere! Etsy is full of talented artists and crafters repurposing the old into the new.

I’m also a lover of anything and everything vintage; scouring thrift stores and antique shops is a favorite pastime.

So ‘T & T’ will be a combination of all of that – upcyling, repurposing, finds on Etsy, finds in vintage stores, RNEST artist features, things I want to try, things I've tried, things I've made, things that inspire me… and probably lots more. I’m pretty new to Etsy, so we’ll dive in together.

Peace & thanks,
Kaitlin

If you'd like to know a little more about me, please visit my blog and/or my Etsy shop.

2 comments: