Friday, April 23, 2010

Jack' Pick: Circuit Cuff Links from Beadwork by Amanda

Each Friday I select an item created by a member of the Rochester NY Etsy Street Team(RNEST). What criteria do I use? I look for great looking items that I think are well made offered for a great price!

This month RNEST has been focusing on Earth Day. We have been making and looking at lots of "upcycled", recycled, and earth friendly items.

One of my favorite RNEST sellers has been Beadwork by Amanda. She does jewelry of
all types, but one line that she has been very successful with on Etsy is her circuitry resin jewelry. Pendants, earring, and cuff links, like the ones I have selected for this week's Jack's Pick, are incredibly made and have a beauty in something so industrial.

Amanda describes the item as, "
Pieces of recycled circuit board, with green and gold colored strips have been cut and ground to fit into small silver plated oval bezel cups."
The circuits are then covered in a glossy resin. They even come in "manly" gift wrap...I like the way that sounds!

If you want to see Amanda's beadwork in person, she will be selling her jewelry at the Mayday Underground Art and Craft Show on May 1, 2010 in Rochester, NY. Lots of other RNEST sellers will also be there. For more information visit the Mayday Underground website.


2 comments:

  1. Those are TOO cool! they make me want to find a cufflink-able shirt for myself! Great feature JackBear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! And bonus points for promoting the Mayday show too ;)

    ReplyDelete