At a minimum it should contain:
- A thank you for the purchase
- A reminder of your shipping policies
- A way to contact you in case of a problem
- An option to sign up for a mailing list
- A request to heart their shop and return often
- A buyers survey
Recently I decided to add a small optional survey for future discounts. This way you can get feedback on how shoppers find your items and what they like most or dislike most about your shop. My Etsy shop is in constant edit mode, so this kind of feedback is invaluable.
My announcement currently goes something like this:
" Thank you for your purchase! May your day be filled with unheard of happiness, until you receive your item from me and feel even greater happiness. Please heart my shop and come back often.
Your purchase will be shipped after payment is made or cleared, usually in 2-3 business days.
If you need to contact me about your purchase, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or convo me on Etsy. Learn more about how to use Etsy Conversations here.
Want a discount? Take this quick survey and convo your answers to me. I will send you a password for a 15% discount on your next purchase.
1. How did you find my shop?
2. What item would you most likely buy or buy again from my store?
3. What would you like to see to make your shopping more fun, quick or understandable?"
Be clear, concise and always remember to make it yours. You can be funny and professional. That's what make's you more like the lovable corner store owner, in a world of corporate coldness.