Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Trash & Treasures Tuesday: Getting Organized

This week, I wanted to share two treasures I recently picked up on Etsy. I think a lot of people think of arts or crafts when they think of Etsy, but the vintage items shops list are amazing! It's like visiting multiple thrift stores, antique shops and garage sales all from the comfort of your living room.

First up, something to keep track of my mail. I'm not a fan of "piles" here and there; I'd much rather have nice little bins or baskets to organize with... which is why this letter box is so fantastic.

 
Purchased from autumnalways. Photo courtesy autumnalways.

How perfect? Letters in and letters out. Up next is something I originally thought I'd use for the mail (until I found the letter box), but now happily holds the napkins in my kitchen.


Purchased from verovintage. Photo courtesy verovintage.

This sweet little napkin holder is the perfect addition to my vintage-friendly kitchen. Similar items could be used to sort mail, hold letters to be sent or display vintage postcards. I love the idea of something old finding new purpose.

Check out Etsy's vintage section and let us know what treasures you find!

Peace & thanks,
Kaitlin

0 comments:

Post a Comment