Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Trash & Treasures Tuesday: Recently Thrifted

Spring is a thrifters dream; from garage and estate sales to Etsy and Craigslist, there are a ton of treasures waiting to be found. Here are a few deals I recently snagged:
The bow pin is from Etsy seller TotallyVintage. I've been watching a lot of Glee lately and am somewhat in love with the blog What Would Emma Pillsbury Wear. Emma is by far the best dresser on the show. WWEPW details how to get Emma's look for less. When they recommended checking out Etsy for Emma-ish accessories, I hopped right over and found this gem. Love it.

The hot air balloon necklace is from Etsy seller FreshyFig. I had been eying this piece for a while and am very happy with it - it goes with everything!

This vintage Pyrex butter dish is from Etsy seller PlaidPonyVintage. I looked through a lot other dishes from other sellers and this one was reasonably priced, shipped quick and is in perfect condition. Awesome deal.

And like I said, let's not forget the power of Craigslist for one-of-a-kind treasures.

I got this patio set (which seems to be vintage, with many layers of paint) for a quarter what you would pay for a new set. Plus, all the charm of a (possibly?) vintage piece. And, while I was picking up the table and chairs, I eyed this beauty in the seller's garage.

I told her to call me if she ever wanted to sell. She said for $30, she'd let me take it home. SOLD!

Found any treasures lately? Know some good thrift stores or hear about any block garage sales? Post 'em in the comments!

Peace & thanks,
Kaitlin

3 comments:

  1. My mom has that butter dish! And possibly other dinnerware that goes with it. I'll tell her she's got some treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think everyone's mom/grandma might have this butter dish ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my grandma had one very similar to it! so cute!
    : )

    ReplyDelete