Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trash & Treasures Tuesday: What do you mean Father's Day is THIS Sunday?!

How is it the middle of June already!? Father's Day snuck up on me this year, and since my Dad is The Best Dad In The World, I dug around Etsy for some gift inspiration (trash & treasure style, of course).

My pop works for a local payroll company and is a member of the Greece Rotary, so he often sports a tie. This tie tack, made by RNEST's very own Beadwork by Amanda, would definitely spice up his wardrobe.


Made from a piece of recycled circuit board, the tack is a nice blend of traditional and unique.

My dad used to be a DJ and brought a lot of great music into our home. I think a record player would give him a good excuse to dust off his old albums and rock out. This one from Etsy seller All Unique would do the trick.


Over the years, my dad has collected miscellaneous pieces of silverware. One year for Christmas, he presented three complete sets (each unique) in wooden cases he restored to me and my two sisters. It was amazing! Maybe it's time to replenish his supply. Etsy has a ton of great silverware, like this assortment from AB and C.


And while this next idea might not fall into trash or treasure, it's DIY all the way! A superhero's gift box for a super dad, courtesy of AlphaMom.com.


Find any good gifts for Dad? Make him the perfect present? Leave 'em in the comments! And happy Father's Day to all the gents out there who care for and love their families!

(But seriously, my dad is The Best Dad In The World and I'm The Luckiest Daughter In The World. Love you, Big Guy!)

Peace & thanks,
Kaitlin

0 comments:

Post a Comment